- 3 thick hickory-smoked bacon slices
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 4 cups sliced yellow or zephyr squash
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: bay leaf
How to Make It
Sauté bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
Sauté onion and next 4 ingredients in hot drippings 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add zucchini and yellow squash; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish, if desired.