Sauteed Sole Florentine
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 527
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Fat: 35.9g
- Saturated fat: 21.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 162mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 661mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds sole fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Rinse fillets, and pat dry; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Combine 3 tablespoons flour and paprika; dredge fillets in flour mixture.
- Saute one-third of fillets in 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat 1 minute on each side or until opaque. Remove from skillet. Repeat procedure with remaining fillets and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Saute spinach in 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat 1 minute.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; add remaining 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Add half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, lemon juice, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir 3/4 cup cheese sauce into spinach mixture. Spread in a greased 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish. Arrange fillets over spinach; pour remaining sauce over fillets.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note