Sautéed Shrimp with Basil Butter
Recipe from a Harris Teeter Weekly Fresh Catch Recipe card.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) fresh 16/20 ct shrimp
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic, peeled and minced
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup(s) basil, whole leaves
- 2 blood oranges or tangerines, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) scallions, sliced thin on a bias
- 8 each lettuce cups, from Boston bib hearts, optional
- 1. In a large sauté pan over medium low heat, add the butter.
- 2. When hot, add the shrimp, raise the temperature to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Add the ginger and garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- 4. Add the zest and basil, season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp are just cooked through.
- 5. Add the oranges and scallions.
- 6. Remove from the heat and place in lettuce cups.
- 7. Peel and eat while still hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note