Sautéed Scallops and Tomatoes on Garlic Toast
Any cocktail hour or dinner party (or Wednesday night, for that matter) will be instantly elevated with these hard-to-resist appetizers. Make the garlic toast before your guests arrive, if you like. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/165.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 French baguette
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove(s) of garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 pound(s) sea scallops with liquor (about 12)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- Slice French bread into rounds, brush with olive oil, and grill or broil until bread begins to turn golden. Rub with garlic cloves and set aside, covering loosely.
- Brush remaining olive oil over the bottom of a heavy skillet. Sauté shallots and garlic until they begin to color, then add scallops, liquor and lemon juice. Heat until scallops begin to look opaque. Add cayenne, oregano, and tomatoes, stirring to blend. Continue cooking until scallops are white and tender.
- Remove scallops from pan, placing one atop each round of toast. Heat the sauce for 2—3 minutes to reduce, then spoon tomatoes over scallops and drizzle with remaining sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note