- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 smoked chicken sausages, sliced on the bias
- 3 small Granny Smith apples, cored, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp. dried
- Salt and pepper
- calories 259
- fat 11 g
- satfat 3 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 18 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 91 mg
- sodium 604 mg
How to Make It
Warm 1 1/2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, stirring, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Warm remaining oil in skillet. Add apples, sprinkle with sugar and cook, turning occasionally, until light golden and slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Return sausages to skillet. Add wine and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has thickened, about 5 minutes. Return apples to skillet to reheat. Stir in thyme; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.