Photo: Helen Norman
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package stemmed and sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large portobello mushrooms (about 8 oz.), stemmed, cleaned, and chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) package stemmed and sliced oyster mushrooms*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons sliced fresh chives
- 1. Cook shiitake mushrooms in a single layer in 1 1/2 Tbsp. hot oil in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat, stirring often, 4 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a medium bowl. Repeat procedure two more times with portobello mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, and remaining oil.
- 2. Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add shallot, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper; toss gently to coat. Remove from heat; stir in chives. Serve warm.
- *Crimini or button mushrooms may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note