Sautéed Miso Cucumber Salad
Miso is a thick soybean paste with a salty, slightly sweet flavor. Look for it in the refrigerated part of the produce section or with the dairy products, or substitute soy sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 38
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 186mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso (soybean paste) or lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced seeded cucumber
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cucumber to pan; saute 4 minutes. Toss cucumber with juice mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note