Sautéed Greens with Olive Oil-Fried Eggs
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups butternut squash cubes (1 small squash)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 medium-size onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 (5-oz.) packages mixed baby braising greens
- 1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 Olive Oil-Fried Eggs
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Toss squash with 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Bake 20 minutes or until squash is soft and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté onion in remaining 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add greens, next 2 ingredients, and squash, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring often, 2 minutes or just until greens begin to wilt. Sprinkle with goat cheese, and top with Olive Oil-Fried Eggs.
We tested with Organic Girl I Heart Baby Kale for mixed baby greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes