Sautéed Flounder Piccata
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) fresh flounder fillets
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon(s) capers, chopped
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge fish in seasoned flour to coat both sides of the fillets, shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in the oil over medium heat. Add the fillets and sauté, turning once, until browned outside and cooked through – about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Pour off all but 1 tbsp. of fat from the skillet. Add remaining butter and cook over medium heat until browned – about one minute.
- Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped parsley and capers. Pour the picatta sauce over the fish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note