Delicious! I will definitely be making this again. I added some cayenne pepper to give it some kick, it worked great.
Sautéed Chicken and Zucchini with Parsley-Chervil Pan Sauce
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce, and 1/2 cup zucchini)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 35.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 479mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 1/2 teaspoons chilled butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups (3/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Add zucchini and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add broth and chervil; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, and parsley. Serve chicken with sauce and zucchini.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes