Sauteed Chicken with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 5/8 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 slice(s) applewood-smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) fat-free, lower sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 6 cup(s) arugula
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; saute 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken; let stand 8 minutes. Slice and keep warm.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium. Add bacon to pan; cook 6 minutes or until crisp; turning once. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings; drain. Crumble bacon. Add shallots to drippings in pan, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in vinegar, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in broth, syrup and mustard; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Arrange 1 1/2 cups arugula one each of 4 plates; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Top each serving with 2 chicken breast half. Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over each serving; top with crumbled bacon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sauteed Chicken with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes