Sautéed Chicken with Sage
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 367
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Sodium: 579mg
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 16 to 20 fresh sage leaves, washed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1. Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat chicken dry. Season with salt and pepper. Add to skillet in a single layer. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 6 minutes total, flipping once or twice. Remove to a plate.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 2 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Sprinkle flour over and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is pale golden in color, about 1 1/2 minutes. Whisk in broth and wine, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Bring to a simmer; add chicken back to skillet.
- 3. Place 4 or 5 sage leaves on top of each breast half; sprinkle with cheese. Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note