Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Gravy
Community Recipe from
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounce(s) small fresh white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- If the chicken breasts are thick, slice them vertically in half 1" thickness. Combine flour, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes per side. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter to pan. Sauté onions in butter until just starting to brown, about 2 minutes, then add mushrooms. Continue cooking until mushrooms soften and reduce in size, about 5 minutes. Add wine and reduce to simmer.
- Mix corn starch in chicken broth and add to pan. Season with thyme, salt and pepper, adjusting to taste. Let simmer until gravy thickens. Spoon over chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note