Delicious! But a little salty probably due to the bacon. I used apple cider vinegar instead of the white wine vinegar and my Mom could not stop talking about the vinaigrette. Definitely need to pour it on the chicken slices, but this is a good recipe.
Sautéed Chicken with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
If you can't find arugula, substitute mixed salad greens or fresh baby spinach.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 26 Minutes
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 6.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 697mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 cups arugula
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken; let stand 8 minutes. Slice and keep warm.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium. Add bacon to pan; cook 6 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings; drain. Crumble bacon. Add shallots to drippings in pan, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in vinegar, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in broth, syrup, and mustard; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Arrange 1 1/2 cups arugula on each of 4 plates; sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Top each serving with 1 chicken breast half. Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over each serving; top with crumbled bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This