Sautéed Butternut Squash with Lemon, Walnuts, & Parsley
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 3 cup(s) butternut squash, about 2 pounds peeled and diced 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 1 pinch(s) pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley or I used Cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) Walnuts chopped and toasted
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) grated Lemon zest or I used lemon juice
- Heat the oil and butter in a 10-inch straight-sided sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot and the butter has melted, add the squash, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash is lightly browned and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the squash to a serving bowl. Add the parsley, walnuts, and lemon zest, and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- nutrition information (per serving):
- Size : based on three servings; Calories (kcal): 280; Fat (g): 25; Fat Calories (kcal): 230; Saturated Fat (g): 7; Protein (g): 3; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 10; Carbohydrates (g): 15; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 8; Sodium (mg): 380; Cholesterol (mg): 20; Fiber (g): 5;
- photo: Scott Phillips
- From Fine Cooking 81 , pp. 59
- November 1, 2006
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bbeins and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note