I found it a little dry; maybe add more orange juice. Think I prefer BS with bacon & a little brown sugar.
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Orange and Walnuts
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 119
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 102mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1 navel orange
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Zest entire orange and juice half of it (about 1/4 cup).
- 2. In a 12-inch sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Sauté shallot for 1 minute. Add half of Brussels sprouts, cut-side down, in a single layer; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook for 4 minutes. Add half of orange juice, flip sprouts and cook for 4 minutes. Transfer sprouts to a large serving bowl. Repeat with remaining oil, sprouts, salt and juice. Add second batch of sprouts to serving bowl with first batch.
- 3. Toss sprouts with walnuts and orange zest and season with pepper. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled as a salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This