Really yummy!! My husband and I both really enjoyed the flavor with the wine and tomatoes. I served them with fingerling potatoes and baked chicken. Will definitely make again.
Sautéed Broccolini with Tomatoes
This speedy, simple stovetop dish saves you oven space and can be prepared at the very last minute and then brought to the holiday table. Roma or plum tomatoes are the best choice this time of year.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 16 Minutes
- Calories: 44
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 83mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly vertically sliced
- 1 pound Broccolini, trimmed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup no-salt-added chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add shallot, and sauté 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add Broccolini; cook 2 minutes. Add wine and tomato. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, salt, and black pepper; cook, uncovered, 4 minutes or until Broccolini is crisp-tender.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note