I cubed and sauteed the tofu in a T. of peanut oil, removed from pan and added the sauce. Added the tofu when the sauce bubbled. It was a bit fishy for my taste, so I'll use 1 T. instead of 2 T of fish sauce next time. Great tofu recipe - would be good over rice noodles with basil on top. The freshly ground black pepper is a must!
Sautéed Tofu (Dau Hu Xao Dau Hao)
To gussy up this recipe, double the sauce and add sliced mushrooms, carrots, or bok choy. Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes.
This recipe goes with Herb Noodle Salad (Bun)
More From Sunset
- Calories: 167
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 665mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (14 oz.) extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro sprigs
- 1. Whisk oyster sauce, pepper, sugar, and fish sauce in a bowl.
- 2. Heat oil over medium heat in a medium nonstick skillet and add tofu. Cook 1 minute, stir gently, and add oyster sauce mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until tofu is hot and sauce has reduced a little. Garnish with cilantro.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note