Wonderful flavor and so easy to prepare. This is definitely a keeper. My spinach eating days have been replaced by this Sauteed Swiss Chard recipe. Only had two bunches of chard so I halved the recipe which was perfect for the two of us. I did add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice before serving. It was the perfect side dish for CL Faralle with Creamy Wild Mushroom Sauce and Herbed French Bread.
Sautéed Swiss Chard
- 3 pounds Swiss chard (about 4 bunches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cut large stems from chard, and slice the stems; set aside. Stack chard leaves, and roll into cylinders. Cut cylinders crosswise to make 1-inch strips; set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a large Dutch oven. Add shallots and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes. Add chard stems, and sauté for 2 minutes. Gradually add chard leaves, and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables