Sautéed Soft-Shell Crabs with Asian Mignonette
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 74
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 6.7g
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 0.7g
- Sodium: 385mg
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 soft-shell crabs (2 1/2- to 3-oz. size; see notes)
- All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1. In a small bowl, combine rice vinegar, lime juice, ginger, parsley, garlic, and salt. Set mignonette aside.
- 2. Gently lift (but don't detach) each side of the back shell of the crab and pull off and discard the soft gills; lay shell back in place. Rinse crab and pat dry. Coat crab with flour and shake off excess.
- 3. Melt butter in an 11- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add crabs and brown well, turning once or twice, about 7 minutes total. Lift from pan and drain briefly on paper towels.
- 4. Serve crabs hot and drizzle to taste with mignonette.
- Nutritional analysis per crab.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This