Sautéed Snapper on Wilted Spinach with Mulled Zinfandel Butter
Howard L. Puckett
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 (10-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) yellowtail snapper, tilapia, or flounder fillets
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Mulled Zinfandel Butter
- Garnish: chives
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds or until golden. Add spinach, in batches, tossing just until wilted. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- Sprinkle fish with remaining salt and pepper; dip fillets in egg, and dredge in flour. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 2 fillets 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining canola oil and fish fillets.
- To serve, divide spinach among 4 plates; top with snapper and 1 slice Mulled Zinfandel Butter. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This