- 3 pounds unpeeled, extra-large fresh shrimp
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) thinly sliced country ham, prosciutto, or baked ham
- 1/4 cup vermouth or dry white wine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- French bread
How to Make It
Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Melt butter with olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Increase heat to high, and add shrimp and ham; cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat to medium high, add vermouth and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour into a large, deep serving platter or individual bowls. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately. Serve with French bread.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick's Cajun seasoning.