We have grown radicchio the past two years and think this is an outstanding recipe-don't understand the negative review. I did not use anchovies (did not have any) but did use fresh oregano. Makes a colorful vegetable plate coupled with roasted green beans and sauteed yellow squash with cherry tomatoes.
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 177
- Calories from fat: 92%
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 357mg
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- 2 heads radicchio
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano
- Cut each head of radicchio in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 4 wedges. (Leave the cores intact; they'll help hold the wedges together.) Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, anchovies (if using), and 3 tablespoons of the oil; set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the radicchio in a single layer and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the radicchio, add the vinaigrette and oregano, and cook until the radicchio is tender and slightly browned, about 3 minutes more. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables