Really yummy!! I serve these over vanilla bean ice cream and throw a few gingersnaps in my food processor and sprinkle them on top! MMmmmmm!!
Sautéed Peaches over Pound Cake
Ripe peaches don't need much more than a little spiced sugar and butter to turn them into a grand topping for cake and ice cream.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 411
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 3.8g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 64g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 295mg
- Cholesterol: 141mg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups peeled peach slices (about 4 medium peaches; see Notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 slices pound cake, cut 3/4 in. thick
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, peaches, and cinnamon, tossing slightly to coat. Cook peaches until softened and juices are released, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Toast pound cake slices in toaster until warm and slightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Put a cake slice into each of 4 bowls and top with warm peaches, distributing evenly. Serve with scoops of ice cream.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Out of season, you can substitute frozen peaches for fresh, just cook them a little longer to ensure they're heated through.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note