Time: 20 minutes. These savory mushrooms, from chef Tyler Florence, go with his Ultimate Burgers. They're good with steak or fish too. This recipe is an adaptation of one in Tyler's Ultimate (Clarkson Potter, 2006; $35).
This recipe goes with Ultimate Burgers
More From Sunset
- Calories: 75
- Calories from fat: 84%
- Protein: 1.2g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 2.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound thickly sliced mushrooms
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. In a large frying pan over high heat, heat oil. Add mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and sauté, stirring often, 5 minutes.
- 2. Add garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are nicely browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice to brighten the flavor.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note