More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 98
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 2.7g
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 7.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 6.2mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Trim and discard tough or discolored stem ends and any bruised spots or blemishes from mushrooms. (If you're using shiitakes, remove their entire stems.)
- For firm mushrooms, wipe dirt off with a damp cloth or rinse thoroughly under cool running water and pat dry.
- For delicate mushrooms with lots of places for dirt to hide, submerge in a bowl of cool water and gently agitate with your hands to loosen any particles. Drain, rinse thoroughly under running water, and gently pat dry.
- Slice large, fat mushrooms about 1/4 inch thick; cut thin ones into bite-size pieces; leave small ones whole.
- 2. Pour olive oil into a 12-inch frying pan or 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat; add mushrooms, shallots, and thyme and stir often until mushrooms are browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/2 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables