Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Simon Andrews
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 26 Minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 serrano pepper, split*
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1-lb.) package fresh collard greens, washed, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1. Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet or wok 1 minute. Stir in salt and pepper. Add greens; sauté 2 minutes. Add sugar and vinegar; cover and cook 3 minutes or until wilted. Remove and discard serrano pepper before serving.
- *1/2 jalapeño pepper, split, may be substituted.
- Try This Twist! Sautéed Greens With Pork: Stir in 1/2 lb. chopped smoked pork with greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables