Agreed. Simple and delicious. A great side dish for a special meal.
Sautéed Green Beans With Bacon
- 1 3/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 bacon slices, chopped
- 5 green onions (white bottoms and light green parts of tops only), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans and 1/4 cup water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and pierce plastic wrap with a fork. Microwave at HIGH 4 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge green beans into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain well, and set aside.
- Cook chopped bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in a small bowl. Discard remaining drippings. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Sauté green onions in skillet in hot reserved drippings over medium-high heat 1 minute. Stir in green beans, salt, and pepper; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in bacon.
- Kitchen Express: Substitute 2 (12-ounce) packages ready-to-eat trimmed fresh green beans for the fresh green beans, omitting water. Pierce bags with a fork and microwave at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note