This will be a great holiday side dish. My pears were too ripe, I will use firmer pears next time. I didn't peel the pears, I don't think it's necessary. I added walnuts for an extra dimension. I served with CL's Pork Tenderloin with Olive-Mustard Tapenade.
Sautéed Green Beans and Pears
William Dickey; Lisa Powell Bailey
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen steam-in-bag whole green beans
- 2 peeled and sliced pears
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prepare green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, sauté pears with melted butter, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in hot green beans, and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note