This will be a great holiday side dish. My pears were too ripe, I will use firmer pears next time. I didn't peel the pears, I don't think it's necessary. I added walnuts for an extra dimension. I served with CL's Pork Tenderloin with Olive-Mustard Tapenade.
Sautéed Green Beans and Pears
William Dickey; Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen steam-in-bag whole green beans
- 2 peeled and sliced pears
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prepare green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, sauté pears with melted butter, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in hot green beans, and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables