I added more fronds and lemon zest, and sauteed the fennel mixture instead to get the fennel more browned. Great as leftovers!
Sautéed Fennel with Lemon and Pepper
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 57
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 349mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 1/2 cups (1/2-inch-thick) slices fennel bulb (about 2 small bulbs)
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- Cook fennel seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat 1 minute or until toasted. Place seeds in a small zip-top bag; crush with a rolling pin.
- Combine fennel seeds, fennel fronds, salt, rind, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Steam the fennel slices, covered, 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add fennel and olive oil to fennel frond mixture in bowl; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables