- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 1/2 cups (1/2-inch-thick) slices fennel bulb (about 2 small bulbs)
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- calories 57
- caloriesfromfat 39 %
- fat 2.5 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 1.5 g
- carbohydrate 8.7 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 349 mg
- calcium 60 mg
How to Make It
Cook fennel seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat 1 minute or until toasted. Place seeds in a small zip-top bag; crush with a rolling pin.
Combine fennel seeds, fennel fronds, salt, rind, and pepper in a large bowl.
Steam the fennel slices, covered, 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add fennel and olive oil to fennel frond mixture in bowl; toss well.