Very good! Used greens from the garden, so didn't get a good measure but anyway would use less oils and garlic next time, otherwise great. Served with prime rib, horseradish sauce and mashed potatoes yum!
Sautéed Early Winter Greens
Photo: Ralph Anderson, Tina Cornett; Styling: Rose Nguyen
Turnip greens, kale, and mustard greens come together in this healthy winter dish.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 (1-lb.) package fresh turnip greens, washed, trimmed, and chopped
- 1/2 (1-lb.) package fresh kale, washed, trimmed, and chopped
- 1/2 (1-lb.) package fresh mustard greens, washed, trimmed, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Melt butter with oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add garlic, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute.
- 2. Add chopped turnip greens and remaining ingredients; cook, stirring often, 10 to 14 minutes or until greens are tender. Serve immediately.
- Note: Any combination of winter greens may be used in this recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This