Absolutely love this. Found it while googling "Vegetarian Recipes on a budget". I'm a "mostly-vegetarian". Trying to get my 9-year old to control his weight. He tried it once and now wants it every day. Easy to make. Very quick. One variation I do is to add Brussel sprouts. Sometimes I replace broccoli with it, and sometimes I go with both broccoli and sprouts. If I add Brussel sprouts, I throw them in at the very beginning, so they can brown a little bit along with the onions.
Sautéed Chickpeas with Broccoli and Parmesan
Who says you need meat? Grab a can of chickpeas-aka garbanzo beans- and stir up easy, healthful dishes.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 855mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 heads broccoli, including stalks, trimmed and chopped (2 cups)
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan shavings
- In a large skillet (preferably one with a lid), warm olive oil over medium heat until hot. Carefully add onion, garlic and salt, and sauté, stirring often, until onion becomes transparent and garlic just begins to turn golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Toss in broccoli; sauté for 3 minutes. Add chickpeas, broth and red pepper. Stir once, cover and cook for 3 minutes more, just to heat through and finish cooking broccoli.
- Uncover, season with pepper, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This