I've been making a lot of these reduction sauces from Cooking Light lately and this one was as tasty as the rest. Used "baby bella" mushrooms and sliced them with a wire gizmo i remembered we own, which got them nice and thin and helped speed things along. Finished with a blob of creme fraiche instead of butter cause there was some in the fridge - would do again if making for company. Served with brown rice and green beans tossed with a little brown butter and tarragon.
Sautéed Chicken with Chardonnay Sauce
This easy chicken dinner features chicken breasts sauteed in a homemade wine sauce. Serve with steamed green beans and rice for a complete meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1/4 cup sauce, and 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 41.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 309mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; add stock. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 10 minutes). Cut remaining 1 tablespoon butter into small pieces. Remove pan from heat. Add butter, stirring until butter melts. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This