Sautéed Chicken with Artichokes
Notes: Accompany with hot cooked capellini (angel hair) pasta and a green salad with slivers of fresh fennel.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 223
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 402mg
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (5 to 6 oz. each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 can (13 3/4 oz.) artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup pitted niçoise or Spanish-style olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper. Place each breast half between sheets of plastic wrap; with a flat mallet or rolling pin, gently and evenly pound chicken to 1/4 inch thick. Peel off plastic wrap.
- 2. Pour oil into an 11- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, tilting to coat bottom. When oil is hot, add chicken in a single layer, without crowding. When edges begin to turn white, turn pieces and cook until no longer pink in the center (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes total. As chicken is cooked, transfer to a platter and keep warm; repeat to cook remaining breasts.
- 3. Add broth, artichoke hearts, olives, capers, lemon juice, and oregano to pan; stir, scraping browned bits free, until mixture boils. Stir in parsley. Spoon sauce evenly over chicken. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes