- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (5 to 6 oz. each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 can (13 3/4 oz.) artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup pitted niçoise or Spanish-style olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges
- calories 223
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- protein 35 g
- fat 6 g
- satfat 1 g
- carbohydrate 5.7 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 402 mg
- cholesterol 83 mg
How to Make It
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper. Place each breast half between sheets of plastic wrap; with a flat mallet or rolling pin, gently and evenly pound chicken to 1/4 inch thick. Peel off plastic wrap.
Pour oil into an 11- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, tilting to coat bottom. When oil is hot, add chicken in a single layer, without crowding. When edges begin to turn white, turn pieces and cook until no longer pink in the center (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes total. As chicken is cooked, transfer to a platter and keep warm; repeat to cook remaining breasts.
Add broth, artichoke hearts, olives, capers, lemon juice, and oregano to pan; stir, scraping browned bits free, until mixture boils. Stir in parsley. Spoon sauce evenly over chicken. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with lemon wedges.