This is on our rotation of staple recipes. Love it!! Sometimes we use the light kind of coc. milk but the flavor isn't quite as intense. Love it!
Sautéed Chicken and Peppers with Coconut Rice
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 665
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 886mg
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 52g
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 19-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, replacing 1 cup of water with the coconut milk.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and move to the sides of the skillet. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until the bell pepper is slightly softened and the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to individual plates and return the skillet to medium heat. Add the beans, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the remaining oil. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve with the chicken and rice.
Upgrade: Brighten the flavor of the coconut rice by stirring in a handful of chopped fresh scallions, chives, or cilantro just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes