Sautéed Chicken Cutlets with Mixed Baby Greens
This is a play on the classic Veal Cutlet Milanese--crisp veal cutlets topped with a fresh salad.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken cutlets or breast halves (about 1 pound), flattened to 1/3 inch thick
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, chives, or tarragon, or a combination
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow bowl. Whisk egg in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, letting excess drip off. Coat both sides in crumb mixture.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 2 cutlets, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Repeat with 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 2 cutlets.
- 3. Toss baby greens with tomato, cucumber, and herbs. Whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil with vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Toss salad with dressing. Serve cutlets topped with salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note