- 4 skinless, boneless chicken cutlets or breast halves (about 1 pound), flattened to 1/3 inch thick
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, chives, or tarragon, or a combination
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
How to Make It
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow bowl. Whisk egg in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, letting excess drip off. Coat both sides in crumb mixture.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 2 cutlets, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Repeat with 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 2 cutlets.
Toss baby greens with tomato, cucumber, and herbs. Whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil with vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Toss salad with dressing. Serve cutlets topped with salad.