Tasted good but turned an extremely unattractive color when the sauce was heated (with the parsley). Puce, maybe. I ate it but won't heat blended parsley again.
Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Walnut Sauce
This recipe turns walnuts into a rich, bread-thickened sauce that, in the Liguria region (on Italy's northwest coast), is traditionally used to dress pasta.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 42.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11.5g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 586mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) slices day-old white bread
- 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Trim crusts from bread. Chop bread; combine bread and broth in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Combine bread mixture, walnuts, parsley leaves, juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, red pepper, and garlic in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add chicken broth mixture to pan; cook until hot and slightly thickened, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- To serve, place 1 cup spinach on each of 6 plates. Place 1 chicken breast half on each serving; top each with about 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon chopped parsley over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes