Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes and Tarragon on English Muffins
I always try to eat seasonally, and I know how those first spring days (or endless winter ones, depending on where you live) make us long for fresh tomatoes. This quick little supper sandwich helps bridge the gap by using organic cherry tomatoes from Baja that can now be found most of the year in many markets.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 355
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 17.7g
- Carbohydrate: 47.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 698mg
- Calcium: 400mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 ounces thinly sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, and sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, pepper, and salt; sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in tarragon.
- Preheat broiler.
- Divide cheese evenly among muffin halves. Place muffins on a baking sheet, and broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Spoon 1/3 cup tomato mixture over each muffin half. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note