Sautéed Calves' Liver With Bacon
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced calves' liver
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Sprinkle liver with salt and pepper; dredge in flour, and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a heavy skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons pan drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside.
- Cook liver in pan drippings over medium heat until browned on both sides; top with onion slices. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until liver is no longer pink.
- Transfer liver and onion slices to a warm serving platter; garnish with reserved bacon and parsley sprigs. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes