This is a DELICIOUS recipe. I am constantly asked to either make it or share the recipe. It has become a staple at our Thanksgiving table. A food processor can make quick work of shredding the brussel sprouts. Also, many grocery stores (such as Trader Joe's) have pre-shredded brussel sprouts in a bag.
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts With Apples
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 Braeburn apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut Brussels sprouts in half, and cut into shreds.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 3 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- 3. Sauté apple, shallots, and garlic in hot drippings over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts; saute 8 to 10 minutes or until sprouts are crisp-tender. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables