Simple, quick, and delicious dessert. I added a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon at the end. The pears could also be served (without the cookies and ice cream) as a side to the pork tenderloin.
Sautéed Brown Sugar Pears
Pears are sauteed in brown sugar and butter, and are then served with vanilla ice cream and gingersnaps.
More From Southern Living
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Anjou pears, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Sprinkle lemon juice over pears. Melt sugar and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Reduce heat to low; add pears, and cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until pears are tender.
- 2. Whisk together cornstarch and 1 tsp. water. Stir into pear mixture, and cook 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract. Serve with vanilla ice cream and gingersnaps.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note