I liked this dish and will definitely make it again. I used a Meyer lemon infused cooking oil to saute the broccoli after it was cooked. I liked cooking the broccoli until it was crisp tender and then adding cold water; you get a much nicer looking side dish. I served the broccoli with honey ginger salmon and whole grain rice.
Sautéed Broccoli Spears
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound fresh broccoli crowns, cut into spears*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained (optional)
- 1. Cook broccoli spears in boiling water to cover 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge broccoli into ice water to stop the cooking process, and drain.
- 2. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; stir in broccoli spears, and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper, and, if desired, diced pimiento; sauté 1 minute. Serve immediately.
- *1 (16-oz.) package frozen broccoli spears may be substituted for fresh.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables