I make this recipe probably 6-10 times a year. Of fish recipe not grilled, this is by far my favorite (although it's great grilled, too). I've only made it once with Arctic Char, because it's rarely available around me, but any mild whitefish is good. Just had it tonight with tilapia. Scrumptious! The recipe suggests Alaskan salmon if char isn't available, but I don't recommend it. Salmon is too strong and it unbalances the flavors.
Sautéed Arctic Char and Arugula Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 342
- Fat: 20.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Protein: 33.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 522mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 4 (6-ounce) arctic char fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fillets evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fillets to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn fillets over; cook 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; loosely cover, and keep warm. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
- 2. While fish cooks, place vinegar in a medium bowl. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk. Stir in shallots.
- 3. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; sauté for 3 minutes or until tomatoes soften. Add tomatoes to vinaigrette; toss to combine.
- 4. Arrange 1 1/4 cups arugula on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 fillet. Spoon about 1/2 cup tomato mixture over each salad, and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This