Sausages with Beer-Braised Onions and Peppers
A dark beer gives this dish a more pronounced flavor, but it works with any type of beer. For a sandwich variation, serve the sausage and vegetables on whole wheat hot dog buns.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 161
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 15.3g
- Carbohydrate: 10.7g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 501mg
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Calcium: 158mg
- 1 (14-ounce) package turkey kielbasa, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, vertically sliced
- 1/2 cup dark beer (such as Guinness)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- . Add oil to pan. Add bell peppers, garlic, and onion; sauté 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Place sausage on top of vegetable mixture, and add beer. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, uncovered, 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note