Sausages and Polenta With Marinated Peppers
You can lighten up this summertime meal by using turkey sausage instead of pork. Recipe by Kate Merker: July, 2009 from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/grilled-sausages-polenta-marinated-peppers-00000000015715/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 teaspoon(s) honey
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 small links Italian sausage (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 pound(s) store-bought cooked polenta, sliced into thick rounds
- 1. Heat grill to medium-high.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper until the honey is dissolved.
- 3. Add the bell pepper and onion and let sit, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 5. During the last 6 minutes of cooking, oil the grill and add the polenta.
- 6. Grill the polenta until charred and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with the sausages and vegetables.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note