Great fall flavors...could vary the taste by varying the sausage you used. Tasty!
Sausage with Cabbage and Corn Sauté
Italian sausages are often an excellent value, especially when they're on sale. As with anything, make sure to compare prices between brand names and sausages that are packaged by the store's butcher.
More From Oxmoor House
- 8 sweet Italian sausages (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Half of a small head green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup corn kernels (cut from 2 fresh ears or thawed frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Prick sausages with a fork and cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is just tender, 3 to 4 more minutes.
- 3. Stir in corn, salt, and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 more minutes. Serve with sausage.
Note: Try slicing the sausages into 1/4-inch "coins" before cooking them. After they're cooked, stir them into the sautéed cabbage and onion with the corn. If you do this, you can get away with using only 1 pound of sausage instead of 1 1/2 pounds, since cutting the meat into smaller pieces makes it go further.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note