Great fall flavors...could vary the taste by varying the sausage you used. Tasty!
Sausage with Cabbage and Corn Sauté
More From Oxmoor House
- 8 sweet Italian sausages (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Half of a small head green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup corn kernels (cut from 2 fresh ears or thawed frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Prick sausages with a fork and cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is just tender, 3 to 4 more minutes.
- 3. Stir in corn, salt, and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 more minutes. Serve with sausage.
Note: Try slicing the sausages into 1/4-inch "coins" before cooking them. After they're cooked, stir them into the sautéed cabbage and onion with the corn. If you do this, you can get away with using only 1 pound of sausage instead of 1 1/2 pounds, since cutting the meat into smaller pieces makes it go further.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes