Sausage and Vegetable Quiche
Quiche is not just for breakfast or brunch—this hearty sausage-vegetable pie is a great choice for a weeknight dinner. We've lightened the quiche by using turkey sausage, part-skim mozzarella cheese, and 2% reduced-fat milk instead of cream. We also replaced a whole egg with egg whites.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 7.9g
- Protein: 16.1g
- Carbohydrate: 26.4g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 539mg
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Calcium: 177mg
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1/2 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) cut asparagus (5 small spears)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- . Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate; flute edges. Set aside.
- . Cook sausage in a small skillet over medium heat 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove sausage from pan; keep warm. Add asparagus and next 4 ingredients to pan, and sauté over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Spoon vegetable mixture into crust. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- . Combine milk and next 4 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Pour egg mixture over sausage and cheese. Place on bottom rack in oven; bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note